Fourth public tender under Epsilon programme announced
Through the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic (TACR), businesses may apply for support to applied research and experimental development under the Epsilon programme. On 28 February 2018, the fourth public tender was announced, focusing on support for priority research projects, namely Industry 4.0 and autonomous mobility.
Applications are accepted electronically from 1 March 2018 to 12 April 2018. Project work may be initiated no sooner than on 1 October 2018 and no later than on 1 March 2019.The project must be completed within 48 months from starting the work, however, no later than by 28 February 2023.
The percentage of aid depends on the size of the business. For large businesses, up to 25% of eligible costs for experimental development and up to 50% for applied research may be provided. If two independent businesses can prove their effective collaboration, the aid amount may be increased by an additional 15% for both. The agency expects to distribute CZK 500 million among recipients in 2018 – 2019.
The following activities will be supported within the project:
- technologies in the automotive industry
- research and development in the field of batteries
- development of new technologies and achieving new utility properties of products using new knowledge in the field of chemistry
- designing optimum general conditions for establishing new operating and innovative technology models and mobility models for transportation companies or transportation network operators
- advanced technologies for automation, digitalisation and data-connection systems for more efficient and safer transportation
- innovation and optimisation of technologies for the recycling of contact and other thermal insulation systems.
Project outputs must be in one of the defined forms:
- industrial design
- applied design/utility model
- functional sample
- medical treatment
- conservation method
- pilot plant
- verified technology
The following items can be included in eligible project expenses:
- Direct costs
- personnel/payroll costs for researchers
- costs of protection of intellectual property rights
- operating and other costs
- Indirect costs
- costs incurred in direct connection with project work
Other conditions for obtaining aid
The public tender introduces the role of an ‘application guarantor’, i.e. an individual or a corporate entity with a registered address in the Czech Republic showing interest in receiving the products resulting from the project and applying them in practice; for each project at least one application guarantor should be mentioned in the project application.
If you are interested in obtaining such support, we will be happy to discuss with you the individual criteria of your project and specific conditions of the tender in further detail.