Tax and Legal Update
News in Brief, March 2023
Last month’s tax and legal news in a few sentences.
7 March 2023 In brief
- The Ministry of Finance has confirmed its intent to extend the possibility to claim aid provided to Ukraine for tax purposes in 2023 in the same extent as until now.
- The financial administration has updated its list of double taxation treaties.
- Financial Bulletin No. 3/2023 includes an announcement on an agreement between the government of the Czech Republic and the government of Hong Kong, a special administrative region of the People’s Republic of China, on the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of Fiscal Evasion with Respect to Income Taxes in relation to the multilateral convention to implement tax-treaty-related measures to prevent base erosion and profit shifting. The bulletin also includes a list of states on the EU list of non-cooperative jurisdictions for tax purposes as approved by the EU Council.
- The Ministry of Finance has announced that on 7 February 2023 an agreement between the Czech Republic and the Republic of Cameroon for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of Fiscal Evasion with Respect to Income Taxes was signed in Yaoundé.
- The chamber of deputies approved an amendment to Lex Ukraine, stipulating the rules for providing aid to Ukrainian refugees. The humanitarian benefit will now be linked to the subsistence minimum, can be applied for only on-line, and will be given only to those who need it. The amendment still needs to be approved by the senate and signed by the president. The solidarity contribution will remain unchanged until June 2023.
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade has published FAQs for self-employed persons and entrepreneurs concerning data mailboxes.
- The following announcements have been published in the Collection of International Treaties:
- Announcement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Conclusion of an Agreement on Social Security between the Czech Republic and Mongolia and the Administrative Arrangement for the Implementation of the Agreement (10/2023 and 11/2023 of the Collection of International Treaties)
- Announcement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Conclusion of an Agreement on Social Security between the Czech Republic and Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Administrative Arrangement for the Implementation of the Agreement (12/2023 and 13/2023 of the Collection of International Treaties).
- The following regulations have been published in the Collection of Laws:
- Government Decree on the format and form templates for levies on surplus revenues (36/2023 Coll.) Decree amending Decree No. 424/2017 Coll., on Information Duties of some entities carrying out business activities on the capital market (54/2023 Coll.)
- Decree amending Decree No. 346/2013 Coll., on Submitting Reports by Banks and Foreign Bank Branches to the Czech National Bank, as amended, and Decree No. 426/2013 Coll., on Submitting Reports by Savings and Credit Cooperatives to the Czech National Bank (55/2023 Coll.).
- The OECD/G20 Inclusive Framework for BEPS has published the comments it received on two Pillar 2 documents (minimum effective tax), namely on the draft tax return and disclosure proposal and the draft rules to provide tax certainty and resolve potential disputes. Like the EU, the OECD envisages the introduction of both pillars from 2024.
Lenka Fialková email@example.com +420 222 123 536
Václav Baňka firstname.lastname@example.org +420 222 123 505
Do not miss anything important. Receive news summaries by email.Subscribe
To download Archive
Do you want to print all the articles in the last month?Download as PDF (323 kB)